Reproduced with acknowledgement to The Bosuns Watch website

                                                  Drumsheugh GN 37

Built 1911   Cook Welton & Gemmell, Beverley  as "Dane"  (Steel)
Yard No 211
Owner at New Imperial Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Hull   (Frank O. Hellyer manager)
ID no 132235
Launch Date 02.02.1911
Completed 28.03.1911
Gross Tons 346
Nett Tons 135
Engine 87 hp  T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
Length 140.3ft


Breadth 24.1ft
Depth 12.5ft
07.04.1911 Registered at Hull H 227
15.04.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper  (Ad.No.1370) based in the Aegean Sea.
06.1915 Renamed "DANE II"
04.12.1915 Registered at Hull as "DANE II"
03.1919 Returned to Owners reverted to "Dane"
1920 Owned by Hellyer Bros Ltd, Hull (Frank O. Hellyer & Owen S. Hellyer managers)
Pre 1927 Owned  Jens C, Christensen, Hessle  ( Hellyer Bros Ltd, managers).
06.01.1928 Owned by Jens C. Christenson & Co Ltd, Hull (Jens C. Christensen, manager)
1931 Owned Dane Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (William B. Willey, manager).
1934 Owned by Henry Elliott, Fleetwood (owner/manager).
1935 Owned by  H. Elliott & Sons Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood (Henry Elliott, manager)
11.12.1934 Stranded off the Monarch Islands, Outer Hebrides
26.02.1935 Board of Trade Inquiry in Liverpool, found Skipper William Harrison to have been at fault. His Skippers ticket was suspended for nine months.
1939 Owned by Prince Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Hellyer Bros Ltd, managers).
10.01.1940 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper  (P.No. FY.554).
1943 Owned by H. Markham Cook Ltd, Grimsby (Harry Markam Cook manager).
1946 Returned to Owners.
10.09.1946 Laid up in Alexandra Dock, Grimsby.
11.1946 Hull registry closed
29.11.1946 Registered at Grimsby GY 417
12.06.1947 Bill of Sale: Owned by Drum Fishing Co Ltd, Granton Edinburgh (Edwin James Walker manager).
12.06.1947 Grimsby registry closed.
06.1947 Renamed "DRUMSHEUGH"
06.1947 Registered at Granton GN 37
1954 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co)
02.1954 Scrapped by Malcolm Brechin at Granton Edinburgh